Order Processing Specialist, BSC Naval Air Station North Island – San Diego, CA
Provide administrative and order processing support to both GSA and NAVFAC customers by assisting with quotes, orders, data entry and work closely with the Purchasing Team to ensure timely processing of orders.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with incoming quote requests primarily via email. Complete quotes to include source, pricing, and estimation of lead times.
- Review open quotes for timely order placement and communicate changes with customer when applicable.
- Manage and track all special-order requests for quote through the Procurement Team and General Services Administration (GSA) Add-on Specialist to ensure timely turnover of activity.
- Receive merchandise, and stage orders for customer pick up.
- Document any damaged merchandise, missed-shipped items or any other problems and take required action to solve the problem with shipper or vendor.
- Log and file all receiving documents as indicated by company policy and update quantities in computer system to accept receipt of merchandise.
- Manage GSA/NAVFAC retail price file for on-site reference.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Have a thorough understanding of purchasing functions and order flow.
- Ability to understand technical specifications, Mil-spec, NSN, and other governing laws or regulations concerning lawful government procurement.
- Must be able to safely use warehouse equipment, climb ladders and load/unload delivery vehicles.
- Ability to consistently follow standards, policies, and requirements regarding customer accounts.
AbilityOne Base Supply Center Warehouse
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
3655 Pacific Hwy Ste B
San Diego, Ca 92101
About The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. operates AbilityOne Base Supply Centers (BSCs) up and down the West Coast U.S.
The Lighthouse is a private, not-for-profit social enterprise providing employment, support, and training opportunities for people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities. The Lighthouse has provided employment and support to people who are blind in our community since 1918.
Our philosophy maintains that each employee be provided with whatever supports are necessary for success in the workplace. Supports include an in-house sign language interpreting department to ensure effective communication for employees who are DeafBlind, staff mobility instructors to teach independent travel with a white cane or dog guide, and over 100 computer workstations adapted for use by individuals who are visually impaired.
Our Mission: “We empower people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities by creating diverse, sustainable, and meaningful employment opportunities.”